PDA

View Full Version : A bay bone

mems
09-24-2018, 01:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DIhWj8Dl.jpg (https://imgur.com/DIhWj8D)
Aloha, got this bonefish at A-bay yesterday. Offshore waters are still a mess from Hurricane Lane, so I talked my wife into heading over to kona for the day. We snorkeled a little and she saw a bonefish and let me try for one. I hooked this one and it ran through a crowd of swimmers and snorkelers and I was able to get it in. One lady got upset when I tried to land the fish, she said "what do you want the whole ocean?" I said no I just want to land the fish. One tourist in the crowd watching thought is was an ono, I said Oh no it is a bonefish. Mems

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-24-2018, 08:59 PM
Living in the islands has to be unreal.

Lew Riffle
09-25-2018, 08:23 AM
Mas major de nada huh Brah! Hey will be on Maui next week and most likely will look for some bones on the Westside. Any suggestions on the best patterns to use would be appreciated from this here Ranchero.

mems
09-25-2018, 03:57 PM
Hey Lew, I would try a mantis shrimp or a small shrimp pattern for bones. They are chasing oama now, so a small yellow/white clouser would also get some attention. Good luck, Maui can be tough.

Lew Riffle
09-26-2018, 07:15 AM
Sin Duda.....Thanks

Baja Fly Fisher
09-26-2018, 08:44 AM
Hey mem’s way too go. You know there will always be some one on the beach to complain. One time I was fishing for perch in Monterey and hooked this guys hat and he had the ba*** to blame me for hooking him. I got out of the water and took my fly out of his hat and told him that there was two miles of be to his left and two miles of beach to his right and he had to stand right in the path of the line. I asked him if he saw the line and he said “yeah” so why didn’t you move. No answer.
Some people are just plain ignorant, I guess.
Same thing happened in Baja. I had trollers go right through where I was casting to roosters. I made a perfect cast right into there boat. They made a comment but left it at that. They were staying at the same hotel we had a short discussion

lee s.
09-28-2018, 04:51 PM
It IS my responsibility to know where the projectile is going when it leaves the barrel of my gun. It IS my responsibility to know where the arrow is going when it leaves my bow. I also feel it is MY responsibility to know where my line is going, front OR back, and to be sure that it is clear of.....trees OR people!
Often that is easier said than done because as you state.....most people are just plain IGNORANT of what is going on.
.....lee s.