PDA

View Full Version : Stolen gear

BillyB
09-17-2018, 10:53 PM
Please be on the lookout for a couple rods and reels stolen from my friends RV while parked at a wedding in NorCal. Rods are both custom made L3 RX8s with black thread. An 8wt and 9wt. Nine has Billy B on the handle. Sage 1800 and 2 Rio outbound short Fly lines also taken. If anyone notices this gear for sale, please let me know. If you are the lowlife that stole this gear, remember there is karma in Fly fishing. The fishing gods have cursed your fishing future unless gear is returned unharmed.

Bkane
09-18-2018, 04:30 PM
I really doubt that the scumbag that stole that gear is a flyfisherman!

Baja Fly Fisher
09-18-2018, 06:02 PM
This crap is going on all over the place. I talked to two guys who were in the store ( Sportsman's Warehouse ) yesterday and they said there car was broken into and all the fishing gear taken. It reminds me from a few years back in Sacramento. I had done a presentation for the CFFU and was staying at a hotel on Howe Ave. Woke up the next morning and my truck was gone. They found it a day later in the town just north of Sac. Every thing was gone. 4 Loomis GLX Cross Currents, 4 Abel reels, lines, flies, projector, camera, slide trays and a couple coolers. The truck was park right in front of the door. They must of used a slim jim to open the door and pushed it down the street then started it. Lucky I had insurance, the policy was a sports equipment policy, which cover dollar for dollar replacement. The total was huge and after State Farm sent me a check, they told me one more claim and I would be dropped.
After 46 years with SF, I told them this is a bunch of bull shit. I still have the policy. Just waiting for some one to rip me off again.
I hope they catch these scums

Jay