PDA

View Full Version : Lefty's home town Tackle shop still open after 100 years...

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-28-2018, 05:35 PM
Lefty's home town Tackle shop still open after 100 years...

Posted by Dan Blanton on 2018-08-28 17:01:38

Just sharing,,,Love this story! Lefty’s home tackle shop in Baltimore, still open for business at one hundred years old.

https://www.anglersjournal.com/people/a-profile-of-tochtermans-tackle-shop?utm_source=anglers-enewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=buttonlink&utm_campaign=180827_TheRun

Al Q sent me this; thought I'd share. Copy and paste the link.

Dan

http://www.danblanton.com/bulletin.php

John Sv
08-28-2018, 07:51 PM
That used to be my ‘home’ fly shop! My dad moved from sac to Maryland to work in the govt. I remember vividly the time he took me there when I first started tying flies at maybe age 8. I wanted to tie blue wing olives and I picked out some dubbing and hackle. Thanks for the memory.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-29-2018, 06:38 AM
Small world John....

I spent my entire adult life in the fishing tackle industry.......50 years so I have very fond memories of it all.

John Sv
08-29-2018, 07:40 AM
Although it was pounded in to me that everything is better out west (which is why I've lived out here for most of my life), Maryland is a great spot to be a fisherman- you are never more than a quick walk from fishing. Actually that fly shop, in downtown Baltimore, has a wild brown trout stream maybe 10 min away, native brookie streams within 20-30 minutes, a 'blue ribbon' tailwater maybe 35 minutes (in mileage it is close but oh, the traffic), and of course the stripers and bluefish in the bay. I lived about 15 miles south of Baltimore which goes from piedmont to coastal plain, so it was all about bass, catfish, pickerel and perch and not trout. The famous PA limestone streams weren't far either. When I was growing up the Chesapeake was not doing well, but my friends say it has rebounded well. That time the shad runs were almost zero, but now they've rebounded to fishable numbers, so you can add 2 shad runs to fisheries a quick drive from that shop.