PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Parks Bar or Hammond Grove?

Jared
08-25-2018, 10:25 PM
I want to go out tomorrow but the recent months of fishless days on the new water have kind of broken my spirits. I'm hoping there are some of you out there that have had some luck wading or shore fishing with nymphs or dries and have some tips on fishing this new water. I've had luck before mostly in the evenings and I'm also curious if that is still the case or not. I appreciate any pointers
Jared

PV_Premier
08-28-2018, 05:24 PM
North Fork Yuba should still be good for a few weeks for big numbers of fish on dries. River follows the road near Downieville. 90 minute drive from Yuba City. Any time of day is fishy.

I haven’t fished the lower Yuba all year. Maybe this fall if the salmon show up.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-28-2018, 05:31 PM
Captain Andy Guibord uses small Hopper along the banks on windy afternoons in late summer.

Sculpin streamers might work now with little in the way of hatches coming off.

AM and PM might be good too.

Terrestrials?

Jared
09-02-2018, 06:26 PM
I ended up hitting both the bridge and park spots last Sunday and only caught a sunburn. I tried a stonefly with a caddis dropper and some hoppers and a few other dries. I've heard of people finding them but I think I'm ready to find new water. The lower Yuba has bested me this year. I was debating whether or not to head towards Downieville or maybe go scope some small stream action in the chico area tomorrow. I'm leaning towards Downieville at this point. Thanks everyone

PV_Premier
09-03-2018, 01:19 PM
To be fair, you’re fishing the two heaviest pressured areas of water on the river at those spots. Driving the rough road or taking a walk always helps. I rarely catch fish at the park except when the salmon are around and the trout are so fixated on the egg that they’ll eat any bead that drifts by. But then again that’s also the only time I bother with those runs.

Downieville was good for me this weekend. All you need is a handful of size 12 parachute Adams or ants and some 5-6x tippet. Oh, and lots of dry shake.