PDA

View Full Version : Sage Dart 0 Weight Rod Review

Troutstalker55B
08-19-2018, 06:49 PM
If you enjoy small water and light rods, demo one of the Dart series. You will be stoked!

https://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/2018/08/sage-dart-0-weight-rod-review.html

-J

Sheepdog8404
09-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Great report, Jon. Though it is very similar to literally every other Dart review out there, almost verbatim; "Blah blah... great rod, super accurate, lots of fun... New sage Creek line... blah blah." That's great and all if it can be paired with that line but do you have anything to report on this rod with lines OTHER than the new Creek line. Say Rio TROUT LT, Sage quiet taper or another ultralight fly line? It just seems too specific of a match and, frankly, a risk to buy a rod that only will perform with one line that Rio will probably discontinue in a few years anyway. It almost seems as though Sage included a letter with the rod for the "reviewers" to post online as a "review"...

Troutstalker55B
09-07-2018, 08:30 PM
Great report, Jon. Though it is very similar to literally every other Dart review out there, almost verbatim; "Blah blah... great rod, super accurate, lots of fun... New sage Creek line... blah blah." That's great and all if it can be paired with that line but do you have anything to report on this rod with lines OTHER than the new Creek line. Say Rio TROUT LT, Sage quiet taper or another ultralight fly line? It just seems too specific of a match and, frankly, a risk to buy a rod that only will perform with one line that Rio will probably discontinue in a few years anyway. It almost seems as though Sage included a letter with the rod for the "reviewers" to post online as a "review"...

I'm not a "Elite Sage Pro", nor do I get paid by them. I get the usual pro discount that 5,000 other dudes get. The review is just my honest opinion. The RIO creek line is different because of the heavy and aggressive front taper, it loads with a shorter amount of line, quickly and easily. Sure, other lines will work with the Sage Dart 0 weight, just up line it by 1 or 2 weights to get the same effect. - J.