PDA

View Full Version : NF Yuba River

jrsyboy
08-04-2018, 11:48 AM
Got out yesterday and fished below Goodyears Bridge for about five hours. Started off walking down the trail downstream early in the morning and saw a full grown black bear walking upstream on the other side of the river. Pretty cool since I was on the other side of the river and about 100 feet above him. For something that big, he was pretty quiet and moved pretty well over tough terrain.

The fishing was great. The word of the day was stonefly. Tons of shucks everywhere and they wanted that over everything else including caddis pupa at least 4 to 1. Biggest was a nice healthy native 12" but when you are using a 3wt euro nymph rod, he fought pretty nicely. The scenery down there is epic and except for the bear cameo, I did not see any other mammals but a kingfisher and a hawk came by and said hi.

It may not be the Madison, but it doesn't disappoint either and did I mention I had it all to myself.

Tight lines~!
rob
jrsyboy

PV_Premier
09-02-2018, 04:30 PM
If anyones looking to get your NFYR fix once more this summer now is the time. Fishing has been good this weekend, with reasonable average sizes too. Yesterday morning I got two fish over 16” and rose one much bigger. Plenty of the usual 10”ers too and 100% on dries.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Nice.....thanks PV-P

It should only get better in October.