PDA

View Full Version : Electra Rd

kmastro
08-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Thinking about hitting the Mokelumne River at Electra Rd next wk and wondering if anyone has a report on how the fishing's been.

Thanks

KSB209
08-07-2018, 08:28 PM
Haven’t been this year but over the last few years it has gone down hill. Used to be a go to spot but now not so much. I haven’t fly fished it but even with conventional gear it is tough.

k9mark
08-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Thinking about hitting the Mokelumne River at Electra Rd next wk and wondering if anyone has a report on how the fishing's been.

Thanks

Well, If you want your car broken into, that's a good place to go.

kmastro
08-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the info.... Think I'll stay away.

RickyOrtiz
08-15-2018, 05:27 PM
I’ve fished it for years not once have I ever had a problem with anyone breaking into anything. It’s a good spot for little
Browns and the right time of year you can get some nice ones that come through.

KSB209
08-15-2018, 07:33 PM
I have been there 10 times in the last 3 years and never had a problem with my car getting broken into either. There are browns in the rapids (if you want to call it that) but the bows are getting smaller every year

Spicytuna1
08-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Glad to hear that place is still decent and not what it was made out to be.

Good luck up there.

Travis A
08-16-2018, 01:18 PM
There are some really nice browns in that stretch of river in the fall and the kokanee move up to spawn around October which can be a fun experience as well.

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/sierra_lodestar/article_be84734c-9575-11e6-b86d-e3dc001812f0.html

k9mark
08-19-2018, 12:02 PM
Call the Sheriffs dept there and they’ll tell you it’s a well known area for cranksters breaking into cars. But hey, it’s your car. Knock yourself out if you feel it’s worth fishing there.

Fubar
08-20-2018, 11:49 AM
I have also fished the north fork of the moke for many years and have not had any problems, yet. And yes I just accept that as a risk no matter where I park and fish/hike these days. I do try to make my truck as unappealing as possible and I’m sure that one day my luck will run out. My local fishing access has this sign posted and gives me a chuckle every time I park there.
But let’s be honest you don’t have to park on a deserted road to have tweakers bust into your vehicle, it can happen in your own front yard.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/over-a-dozen-smash-and-grab-style-car-thefts-in-northern-ada-county

Cheers.

stefanoflo
10-02-2018, 09:32 PM
went last week and did stay busy with 4 fish . below the generator. people where fishing , had no trouble , even met a few deer HUnters looking around as well. flow stay good untill about 4pm and then a big push upwards to 1100CFS . thats a jump from 200-300 CFS . really have to hit that river good. very good river and a lot of good holes. just got picjk and choose and try it out .you never know what lerks in them thar hills of trout fishing!!!!!!!!!

Travis A
10-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Was there any Kokanee in the river yet? They should start showing up right around now, this little bit of rain should help push more of them up. Was going to check it out this weekend but will wait a few more weeks of they're not there yet.

stefanoflo
10-03-2018, 10:39 PM

Thanks

went last week(Sunday) , first thing look for a pattern on the flows. you can maybe find one . once that water gets up to 1000CFS your done until they drop it down again but the you will need to wait till the fish acclimate to the drop from the rise, went last Sunday flows were at like 400CFS
Hiked Past the generator . nice small hole just upstream we cross the river because it was low, did manage 3 small fish
crossed again and worked downstream on the parking lot side and got 3 more 10 -12 inchers . did see a guy get a nice one (14 inches) at the sandy area and the end where the river turns under the trees. he was drifting crawlers with a shot and did get one. we quit at 2pm . flows started upwards at 4pm and the bite did slow down . outside that down streams at Big Bar lot always been good for me at times!!saw a guy get some under the 49 bridge . but that place has been hit hard by fisherman and swimmers and your average Gold digger.