PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Cheap fly reel

throssing
07-18-2018, 11:53 AM
I am looking for a cheap used fly reel to use in a simple outfit for a young disabled friend of mine who wants to try fly fishing. I have a few old rods that he can use, so the reel can be anywhere from a 3 wt to a 7 weight. I don't even know if he will like the sport, so I don't want to spend very much for the reel, and it can be old and ugly, as long as it is functional. Anyone have a reel that they want to sell cheap?

Please pm me if you have something.

Larry S
07-18-2018, 04:27 PM
throssing,
Sent you a PM.
Best,
Larry S,
Sun Diego

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-18-2018, 05:07 PM
Larry S is a very good person and generous one too.

He has given Kiene's some big reels that we used for our Spey demo work.

He has also given us DVDs that he watched that we put into our library of DVDs.

We appreciate Larry and feel lucky to have him on our Kiene's forum.

Larry S
07-18-2018, 05:53 PM
Bill, Thanks for the kind words. If we are truly serious about our love for our flyfishing, then we should
share a passion for our stewardship to the waters and the creatures that inhabit such. I have met
so many dedicated fly folks thru your forum that I can't even begin to list. Ask a question, and you will
get a reply. Your forum has been a veritable gold mine. I'm off to my home state state waters of
Fishigan and the beloved AuSauble river. Probably looking at the ephron (white fly) hatch.
Best to you and all of the Kiene family.
Larry S
Sun Diego

NCL
07-19-2018, 05:32 AM
I would second Bill;s comments about Larry S

John Sv
07-19-2018, 02:03 PM
Bill, Thanks for the kind words. If we are truly serious about our love for our flyfishing, then we should
share a passion for our stewardship to the waters and the creatures that inhabit such. I have met
so many dedicated fly folks thru your forum that I can't even begin to list. Ask a question, and you will
get a reply. Your forum has been a veritable gold mine. I'm off to my home state state waters of
Fishigan and the beloved AuSauble river. Probably looking at the ephron (white fly) hatch.
Best to you and all of the Kiene family.
Larry S
Sun Diego

Like!
PS the first trout I ever caught is in the Yellow Breeches (PA) during the Ephoron hatch. Or at least I thought it was an Ephoron hatch and I was using a white miller!

Larry S
07-19-2018, 02:13 PM
John,
Always an amazing hatch to witness! For an old timer like me, much safer fishing (wading) than the midnight
hex hatches around July 4th. http://www.asbwpa.org/White_Flies.html

Best,
Larry S,
Sun Diego

PV_Premier
07-22-2018, 09:57 AM
I have an old cabelas prestige I reel good for a 3-4wt that I’ll give you if you pick it up. It is not pretty but 100% functional. It has an airflo wf4f tactical line on it that id like back at some point but that’s the only catch in the deal. Just bring it back to me or mail it at your convenience. Pm me if you want it. I’m in east sac by river park. Or you cover the shipping if it needs to be mailed.

throssing
07-24-2018, 10:13 AM
We're all set now for a reel, so thank you to all who expressed an interest in helping with outfitting my little buddy. I appreciate your concern and generosity.

Tom