PDA

View Full Version : Anchor Point/D loop instructional video

Jeff Putnam
06-26-2018, 04:49 PM
Here's my latest video clip to help with the formation of the Anchor Point when roll casting and spey casting. Hope you enjoy! -JP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW5cyOwiuzo

Larry S
06-27-2018, 06:56 AM
Jeff,
Excellent advice and video, as usual.
Thanks for all of your contributions to
the sport.
Best,
Larry S
Sun Diego

Andy Guibord
07-15-2018, 06:25 AM
Thanks, Jeff, for the very informative video.

k.hanley
07-15-2018, 07:49 AM
Beautifully done Jeff. Your instruction was clear, a logical progression, and easy emphasis points. I always appreciate your presentations.

Cheers, Ken

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-15-2018, 08:17 AM
If you are going to get into "two handed fly fishing" first be sure to get some good advice from someone who knows a lot about it.

My choice would be to go to Kiene's on the weekend when Andy Guibord is working.

First you need to decide what size two handed fly outfit you need for your type of fishing.

Then you need a reel that is a little larger than most think they need for capacity of the longer lines and for weight for balancing a

longer rod.

Then you need someone to teach you the basics of Spey casting techniques which would be Jeff Putnam or Andy Guibord.

hwchubb
07-15-2018, 10:35 PM
Nice work, Jeff - the closeups of the anchor point helped. The only thing I’d want to see added would be an illustration of the path of the rod tip, like a John Madden - style line drawn on the video. Overall, though, very easy to follow.

JasonB
07-16-2018, 06:49 AM
As an instructor myself, I always appreciate seeing others who are gifted at teaching. This video really does a nice job of breaking things down to simple (though not easy!) stuff. I think this video also does a good job of showing the kind of approach Jeff takes on the water with his students. For anyone getting into fly casting I can’t recommend one if Jeff’s classes enough, money very well spent!
JB