PDA

View Full Version : Was that you at Floriston today?

JohnD
06-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Were you that guy? The only other guy on that stretch of the river with me? The one who came up the river, saw me working rising fish and decided...hey I think I’ll go ahead and cast at those same fish! I’m not sure what you were thinking but whatever it was - it was wrong.
Yes, they were closer to you on that side of the river - no, that’s not an excuse. I was hooking up. Jackwad.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-02-2018, 07:27 PM
I think the Truckee River is kind of like the Lower American River.......full of uneducated normal folks who don't know there are rules.

JohnD
06-02-2018, 08:20 PM
I think the Truckee River is kind of like the Lower American River.......full of uneducated normal folks who don't know there are rules.

If he was a green fisherman I would have just corrected him. This guy was an experienced angler. Two rods, one rigged for dry, another for nymphs, big expensive landing net, wet wading. Got the feeling that he came to fish that hole and just didn’t care that I was there first.

JasonB
06-03-2018, 08:22 AM
I just don’t get that at all. Where’s the fun and relaxation in being an a-hole to a fellow angler??? Isn’t more about the process of how we find and fool a fish than just the tug on the line that makes it special? If someone really needs to catch a fish that badly I do believe there are still trout ponds to get your fix in; or perhaps a visit to one of our many mountain lakes and streams that are brimming with eager brook trout?

Sorry you had such a rude encounter with another angler, but honestly I think I feel more sorry for that guy. Obviously he’s really missing out on a lot. Hopefully for his own sake he’ll come to find that there is a whole lot more enjoyment to be had on the river without needing to pounce in on someone else’s spot.

bigfly
06-03-2018, 09:07 AM
You gotta watch those guys with a big net..........especially the "uneducated" ones.......

Jim

Darian
06-03-2018, 10:11 AM
:eek: ;) :D :D :D

Baja Fly Fisher
06-03-2018, 02:47 PM
If that was me, I would've let me fish the hole, I would've back out slowly. Then i would've stood on the bank and chucked rocks and really screw up the fishing hole. I've been there, done that :) :rolleyes:

JohnD
06-03-2018, 02:48 PM
Lol, I did consider this very thing.

cdevine
06-04-2018, 06:26 AM
One of the great things about the big T is you have miles and miles of good water with relatively easy access and you can find privacy with a little effort. Bummer about your experience. Hey if it was ship creek in AK guns would be drawn. :D

EricO
06-04-2018, 09:15 AM
Ya, I don't get that...if I see a run being fished, I'm watching to see if he is going downstream.
If so, then I'm going upstream. There's plenty of water on that stretch, so just plain rude to
low hole anyone. If anything, I would have stopped and watched you fish it to see if you hooked
up and asked what you were using, if you'd caught any fish...etc. Then go on my way.

Sorry to hear that John.

Eric