PDA

View Full Version : Case for multiple reels?

Sheepdog8404
05-30-2018, 11:27 AM
Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a soft case that holds multiple fly reels. I know Fishpond and William Joseph makes them but can't justify that kind of money for a damn reel case. I was looking at the White River ones from Basspro and they seem alright but I was wondering if there's another option out there.

BumpBailey
05-30-2018, 11:39 AM
Have you checked Orvis? My buddy has one and is completely happy with it.

Sheepdog8404
05-30-2018, 12:47 PM
Their Safe Passage breifcase is exactly what I'm talking about but its 80 bucks. Trying to stay around 40 bucks.

I just found an Allen one that should work. Only 33 bucks from Amazon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-30-2018, 12:48 PM
Products from Fishpond will be very high quality and so will anything from Simms or Patagonia.

They won't come unstitched and the zippers will be better.

These companies design and build almost all their products where other just have them made overseas by the lowest bidder.

Darian
05-30-2018, 07:44 PM
I have a couple of padded cases that will easily accommodate 6-7 reels depending on how the partitions are set up. They are produced by B&W Sports and cost around $30.00 when I bought them around 7 or 8 years ago. I've only seen them at fly fishing or ISE Shows but maybe you could locate them on-line(??).

As Bill points out, they're not super high quality but have been used during my trips to Baja in a salty, spray environment and show no signs of excessive wear and the zippers still work easily. Of course, my Tibor reels all go in a Simms reel case....

pvsprme
06-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Their Safe Passage breifcase is exactly what I'm talking about but its 80 bucks. Trying to stay around 40 bucks.

I just found an Allen one that should work. Only 33 bucks from Amazon.

I bought this one by Allen on Amazon, $20. Holds 4 reels, well made. Holding up fine.
https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Reel-Olive-Willow-Creek/dp/B00MK16L00/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527964750&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=allen+fly+reel+case