PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid May 12-14

Rainer Herm
05-15-2018, 07:29 PM
Fished Pelican beach. 58 deg water with all kinds of weather. There was a fair amount of moss. Light angling pressure. Caught 6 fish stripping and midging. Others had equally low numbers. Fish were cruising in the 3' zone. I just don't understand why the catch rate has been so low for me and others this year. What also surprised me is the complete lack of fish following the retrieved fly. I don't think the new higher water levels account for this unusual season. Any thoughts?

HSano
05-16-2018, 09:39 PM
I fished the rocks section of Pelican on Friday, 5/11, for a couple of hours. When we got to Pelican, the water looked murky green so we decided to check out the North Nets. When we got there, there was not a single angler fishing! I saw one ladder on shore next to a truck with a boat but absolutely no one else in sight. I thought that perhaps the area was closed. In any case, we went back to Pelican. I caught a single fish. My brother caught two. All were on midges below an indicator. The wind started out around 15 mph but kicked up to around 30 a few hours later.