PDA

View Full Version : Costa Bass-N-Fly tournament soon......May 23rd -24th, 2018

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Two weeks until 2018 Costa Bass-N-Fly blasts-off
We're getting our ducks in a row and the excitement is building. 2018 Costa Bass-N-Fly is two short weeks away on May 23rd and 24th, 2018.

What's new? We're doing a blast-off lottery this year, and we're doing it this week! Stay tuned.

What's not new? We're doing the usual again at Sugar Barge RV Resort & Marina. O dark thirty sign-in, swag from the top gear companies, fun, six a.m. blast-off, fun, two p.m. on-the-water weigh-ins, more fun, grub, fun, fun, fun, repeat, killer prizes, fun, awards, and, of course, more fun, fun, fun and fun.

Sponsors:
We can't do what we do without our sponsors and they can't do what they do without you. So, let's be sure to tap their shoulder and give them the nod whenever we can.

Partnering with Costa del Mar, our faithful title sponsor, are Yeti Coolers LLC and Galvan Fly Reels who have come in as Partners again.

Our 10 wt sponsors include Simms, Bank of Stockton and Michael David Winery.

Scientific Anglers, Buff, Sage, Fly Fishig Specialties and Humminbird all claimed an 8 wt spot, and the following companies jumped in at 6 wt: Umpqua Feather Merchants, R.L. Winston Rod Co., RIO Products, Kirbus Screen Printing, Pacifico, Tie-Fast, Trout Unlimited (El Dorado) and California Fly Fisher Magazine.

Big props and thanks to our faithful sponsors who have given generously to help make this event top-shelf, if you know what I mean.

Reminders:
-If you signed up, but haven't paid, then please submit your fees in order to get a blast-off assignment.
-If you have paid, but haven't registered. Please complete, sign and submit your form.
-If you haven't done either, then note we are 2 weeks out. We'd love to have you hang out with us, so what are you waiting for? Register now.
-If you're an out of towner or just want a nearby place to stay, check in with Sugar Barge (800)799-4100.
-If you're a boater interested in getting partnered with a ringer, then let us know since there are quite a few that have thrown their name in the hat.
-If you're a ringer interested in getting partnered with a boater, then let us know since we may have a boat for you!

Tournament Details
When: Wednesday - Thursday, May 23rd -24th, 2018
6am Blast-off
2pm Weigh-in
Where: California’s Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta, Sugar Barge RV Resort & Marina 1440 Sugar Barge Road, Bethel Island, CA 94511, Tel. (800) 799-4100
What: Fly fishing only tournament for black bass (largemouth, smallmouth, spotted) and family fun filled afternoons.
Who: You! And, Costa del Mar, Co-directors Noel de Guzman and Maury Hatch.

Get revved up, check out the 2017 Costa Bass-N-Fly video.

Stay tuned to:

facebook.com/bassnfly/

bass-n-fly.com

Baja Fly Fisher
05-25-2018, 07:29 PM
Where are the results of the Bass n Fly tournament

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-25-2018, 08:28 PM
Here is their web site.......

http://bass-n-fly.com/

Baja Fly Fisher
05-26-2018, 11:39 AM
guess nobody won, don't see any results

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-26-2018, 05:46 PM
I am sure we will get some soon.....

Spicytuna1
05-29-2018, 02:06 PM
Here are the results if you did not see them already online.

http://bass-n-fly.com/bass-n-fly/2018-weigh-in-results/

This is an amazing event that needs to see more Bass fishing boaters in it. Entrance fee isn't that much and the company is worth every penny.

We really need to blow this up and shed some light on the amazing LMB fishery we have here in California.

I encourage anyone and everyone to come and be a part of this great event. Even if you aren't fishing there are plenty of ways to help out.

Baja Fly Fisher
05-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Always during my Baja time but once I retire from Baja ( 2019 ) and if I can someone who want's to partner up, I'll be a participant.
Hope to see you in 2020, maybe 2019

Jay