PDA

View Full Version : Parks Bar?

Jared
05-01-2018, 11:20 AM
Hey all, I'm debating heading up to the bridge and seeing how the fishing is later today. Any idea what I should expect or if it's even worth it?
Jared

yubaman
05-01-2018, 12:33 PM
I was up last week. High, but fishable water. There was a decent PMD hatch, but very few risers. It was pretty windy when I was up, so I'm guessing that may have knocked the risers down. I fished a half day and got a couple small ones. Again, I was amazed how much the 30K flows had pushed some gravel around. Entirely new channels, etc. Some good gravel is now in the streambed. I ma really liking the way the Yuba is shaping up. Next year could be awesome:cool:!

PV_Premier
05-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Any idea what I should expect or if it's even worth it?
Jared

No idea what to expect, except that I can assure you that you won't catch fish in front of your computer.

Last flow I saw was 2300. No crossing at that level (at least not for me and my weak legs).

yubaman
05-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Aw hell, there's several places you could cross now, really.

One thought came across my mind. Remember about 7 years ago when there was a proposal floating around to put a fence up around the river, beginning up at the Parks Bar put-in and limit river access by installing some turnstiles? Where do you think all of that would have ended up after the flood of last year?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-02-2018, 09:00 PM
Looks like 2,520 cfs now.

Here is a link to our reports page on the "Y"

https://www.reports.americanflyfishing.com/lower-yuba-river

Jake O
05-23-2018, 02:49 PM
Fished it yesterday afternoon/evening above the bridge hoping to get into some evening dry fly action. Fished what is some typically good caddis water and saw zero fish rise....saw maybe one or two rises far off in the distance in the flat way down below me. Saw a handful of PED's coming off and a couple caddis, but most of the rocks I turned over were pretty bare/bugless. Wet wadded and water was a little cool. Not sure what is going on earlier in the day but based upon my recon no evening dry fly fishing happening yet. Somewhat skeptical as to how it will pan out this year with the late high flows we got. I do like the way the river looks in terms of how gravel has been moved but cannot get too excited over it considering things can change just as easily this next winter. With how high the water still is I presume you could have a decent/productive day out of a boat but not a ton of wadeable/fishable water at 2700 cfs.