PDA

View Full Version : You can tell the fishing is starting by the number of members..........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-26-2018, 07:16 AM
........signed on to the message board.

Last night it was 183.

This morning it is 177.

Where are you going this summer?

PV_Premier
04-27-2018, 09:06 AM

Dunsmuir and McCloud in early July...

North Umpqua in mid-July...

Aiming to hit some of my favorite creeks more often than I did last year. I only made it into my favorite stream once last summer, need to improve on that this year...

cdevine
04-28-2018, 11:10 AM
Everywhere bill. Truckee, East Walker, west walker, east carson, big 5 (mccloud, pit, upper sac, fall river (i hope), and hat. Plus some high sierra stuff above 10k.
PV- those free stones will be fishing well early on this year. I say by end of May/early june a lot of creeks that you couldn't' hit last year will be game on. Last year with 200%+ snowpack it was blown until August in some cases. The snowpack is dwindling pretty fast. I was surprised to see how little is left right now.

wineslob
04-30-2018, 12:11 AM

I usually stay local. I hit the NFF Saturday, and did pretty good. Most of the streams closer to me are too high right now.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-30-2018, 07:02 AM
June is a top month for Shad but it should be going well by mid-May.

Stripers in the rivers is usually good April/May/June.

Bass and panfish are really good in April/May/June.

May/June/July is always pretty good for trout in streams and lakes at the mid-elevations.

July/Aug/Sept should be good for the high elevations for a back pack or horse pack trip.

Idaho/Montana are usually good July/Aug/Sept.

My friends over at Lawson's Landing say the coast usually settles down after the 4th of July.

July/Aug/Sept is a good time to go to the Pacific coast to get cool and eat some seafood.