PDA

View Full Version : Putah Creek 4/23 (Video)

SST Flies
04-23-2018, 02:17 PM
The old guy is a rookie with all this techie stuff... Enjoy the quick video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1mwafr_caE&t=88s

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Met SST @ the Expo Saturday.

Told him we were very fortunate to have him on our message board.

He said he has been fishing Putah Creek.

High water flows for summer make wading more difficult.

He said there are lots of 12 inch wild trout and an occasional larger one.

My prediction is that in the next few years Putah Creek and Lake Solano will be a place to fish again.

Bob Loblaw
04-24-2018, 09:20 AM
Took my daughter out there on Saturday for her first Putah Creek skunking. :-) it was her first time in waders and we weren't there an hour when she stepped in a hole and went over the top. Had to cut it short and go to the Putah Creek Cafe for burgers.

Bob G
04-24-2018, 10:50 AM
Bob -

A very meaning ful post, I bet the burgers were a hit.

Thank you for sharing.

Bob G

Jared
04-25-2018, 09:46 AM
I have fished the Putah near Clear Lake a few times but I know there are better access points. I don't know where to go though. I live in Yuba City, any chance someone can give me some directions to a good starting point or a good landmark I can gps?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-25-2018, 02:05 PM
I think that might be Cache Creek over near Clear Lake?

Putah Creek flows into and out of Lake Berryessa West of Winters, CA.

Jared
04-26-2018, 10:49 AM
I was actually closer to Middleton? I think. There is a stream that flows under a small overpass near a gas station that I think was some part of the Putah.

wineslob
04-30-2018, 12:06 AM
I was actually closer to Middleton? I think. There is a stream that flows under a small overpass near a gas station that I think was some part of the Putah.

I would say no (if near Clear Lake). Also, be weary of any streams in the area that are near the Geysers area (geothermal power plants). I worked in the area many years ago and was warned of the possibility of there being arsenic contamination in the streams. It may or may not be true today.