PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Trout Creekin?

Ben J
04-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Hello all - I'm looking to make a couple of long weekend trips into Nevada this summer to explore some new country and fish some creeks. I have researched online, and found what little info I can on interior Nevada creeks and mountain ranges. The Jarbidge area, as well as Paradise Valley/Santa Rosa range and the Highway 50 corridor are on my radar for a number of creeks. I would appreciate any personal accounts and experience on fishing any of these areas or other remote Nevada stream fishing/backpacking. Thanks for any feedback and PM's welcome! Shot in the dark here, but hey....

Ned Morris
04-22-2018, 07:51 PM
Private Message Sent

TahoeJeff
04-24-2018, 08:10 AM
PM also sent

Ben J
04-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Thanks a bunch for the info fellas. It's been a lot of fun trying to track down info on Nevada streams and mountain ranges. Can't wait to hit the road.

Ned Morris
04-25-2018, 03:42 PM
Go get em' and have fun! The NV Desert and Mtns are beautiful places

sierraangler
04-26-2018, 12:46 PM
I would be interested in some info on this as well :)

TigerLilly
04-26-2018, 01:20 PM
I would be interested in some info on this as well :)
Me too!! Please post locations of your special (secret) spots so we can all share and "grow the sport."

Morgan
04-27-2018, 01:52 PM
Me too!! Please post locations of your special (secret) spots so we can all share and "grow the sport."

Please DO NOT post your secret locations!
People need to be more into the adventure and not blowing up spots so much.
Get creative.

Fly Guy Dave
04-27-2018, 05:03 PM
Please DO NOT post your secret locations!
People need to be more into the adventure and not blowing up spots so much.
Get creative.

Agreed! A big part of the fun is doing your own research and then heading out to the wilds to see if your hard work has paid off. There is a lot of info out there, you just need to do some digging on your own. If your data is good, keep it quiet and lets others do the work and pay their dues. Some places I know of are very fragile and won't tolerate a lot of angler traffic. Avoid the tragedy of the commons.

sierraangler
04-28-2018, 08:29 AM
Geez...do you guys really think I'm expecting people to just post up all their prized info? The OP asked a question and has obviously gotten some feedback via PM. Don't worry about it, I will figure it out. I've already done the research and know the 3-4 largest, high elevation drainages in the state. Just thought someone might have some more specific info they were willing to share. If I get really motivated, I'll go down the street and ask the guy who wrote the book...then return the favor by not sharing anything :)

cdevine
04-28-2018, 11:05 AM
A good rule of thumb which I'm sure you are aware of. But honestly I fish a lot and a ton of different spots around eastern and western sierra. Not may secrets left. If you hike a ways or are physically fit to wade tough spots usually you find yourself free from people. I fished the truckee the last couple days and I see nobody. i fish where others don't. There are always people who belly ache about telling secrets. Last I checked you actually have to make the commitment (little do) wet a line, and even then there are no guarantees. No GPS coordinates needed but if you report back on your success I think that is cool. Nevada is a huge state with tons of open land. Good luck.