PDA

View Full Version : Information about fishing southern Oregon mid-May through mid-June

chapmag
04-19-2018, 04:51 PM
I'd like to trout fish rivers and streams in that part of the country after school gets out.

Any suggestions on who to contact up there? Where to go?

I'll be car camping in my Outback.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Fly Guy Dave
04-20-2018, 06:03 AM
Ashland Fly Shop is a great place to start for info. One place that I'm pretty sure they will steer you (and for good reason) is the "Holy Waters" on the Rouge. I was there during a salmonfly hatch one time and it was pretty awesome!

hwchubb
04-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Also consider heading up 97 to the Cascade Lakes / Deschutes/ Bend area. Great salmonfly hatch on the Deschutes as well, and the Cascade Lakes area has lots of great (free!) camping and the options of the Upper Deschutes / Metolius / Fall River / Crooked River, as well as all the stillwaters. A float tube helps, but some of the lakes can be waded in spots.

Jared
04-21-2018, 11:56 AM
If you are going to hit the Metolius or anything in greater Bend area I'd suggest checking out the fly shop in Sisters. Those guys have a great fly selection and pretty much know everything about fishing around there. I was just in there last weekend and heard some guy picking their brains about every river in the area.

Larry S
04-21-2018, 12:31 PM
Greg,
Here's a site with lots of info;

www.myodfw.com/fishing

Take your rain gear.
Best,
Larry S
Sun Diego

chapmag
04-22-2018, 10:33 PM
That's a great start for my planning.