PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid update

njbeast
04-19-2018, 04:24 PM
Arrived Tuesday afternoon Sunny and warm... little breeze. We brought one to the net at South Nets...Chartreuse Woolly Bugger. Wednesday was overcast, cloudy and windy...fished Pelican point...the Skunk was on. Threw Black Buggers, popcorn and brown beetles, actually everything we had. Thursday was even colder...fished North Nets...couldn't punch through the wind...almost got knocked off my ladder from wind driven waves. We switched to lures and a buddy scored on a spoon. Played hearts and drank bourbon...good times.

BS
04-19-2018, 11:32 PM
Man..........

It sure has been tough at Pyramid. :mad:

I'm going to give it another go sometime after this weekend (crowds).

Speaking of crowds njbeast, was it shoulder to shoulder combat fishing or was it pretty "thin" at the beaches you fished ??

Sorry you and your group didn't get into them "big time".......I know the feeling all too well.

I'll post a report after my next trip.

Bob

njbeast
04-24-2018, 04:30 PM
Bob...Pelican was pretty crowded..I walked around the point but it was all moss. South nets wasn't bad. water is high. if you get a sunny day i think that helps warming up the water

BS
04-24-2018, 06:21 PM
Bob...Pelican was pretty crowded..I walked around the point but it was all moss. South nets wasn't bad. water is high. if you get a sunny day i think that helps warming up the water

Gotcha'

Thank you for the "heads up" on the beach crowds.

Tomorrow is my day to try it again.
Forecast is for warm temperatures and light easterly winds.
My report to follow...............

Bob