PDA

View Full Version : May/June around Kamloops, BC, Canada is very good lake fishing.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada has thousand of shallow lakes of all sizes with large fast growing Rainbow trout.

Here is my article after fishing up there with Chris Pasley:

http://www.billkiene.com/fishing/fly...s-kamloops-bc/

BC Fisheries Biologist Brian Chan has been working on these lakes for many years:

http://www.riseformflyfishing.com/

Rick J
04-15-2018, 07:16 AM
plan to head up to BC end of May for maybe 3 weeks - start off around Merritt then head over along Highway 24 and 100-Mile House

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-15-2018, 09:49 AM
Very exciting Rick...you need to keep us updated.

Anyone else heading up that way with you?

pvsprme
04-16-2018, 07:38 AM
Going up mid-June, hoping to hit the traveling sedge (Caddis) like we did two years ago. It’s advisable to have options, plan on lakes from 2500-3900’ elevations. Lots of action on 14-20” fish and some bigger. Most acrobatic fish I’ve ever caught and nice scenery.
Homework needed, also fish finder, double anchor. Single fly only, no droppers. I’ll have multiple rods with floating, intermediate and type VI sinking lines. And a tennis racquet to swat off eagles and loons.

marks
04-16-2018, 10:15 AM
I'm heading up with a group the end of May. We rent a cabin on Lac Des Roches and venture out from there.

No kidding on the loons. Some lakes are much worse than others. It definitely adds a bit of excitement when you've got a fish on, and again when you're trying to release it.

Rick J
04-17-2018, 07:27 AM
thinking Brett will join me

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-17-2018, 07:33 AM
Rick,

I think that BC lakes in May/June are one of the best things going.

I think we fished Islands Lake on our trip witch was a little higher elevation.

Having a good fishing buddy like Brett will make it a good rip fro both of you.