View Full Version : Reel

audax
03-31-2018, 02:50 PM
Selling my Embassy 110 reel.

Reel Diameter: 3.5"
Spool width: 7/8" (internal)
Weight: 5.3oz
Capacity: 7-9 wt

This was a higher quality reel that Cortland offered from about 1996 to 2004, IIRC. Machined in the USA from 6061 bar stock to 0.005". Matte black anodizing. Centerline disk drag. Counterbalanced spool rotation is slick on sealed bearings. Two spring-loaded pawls engage ratchet ring. Audible click in & out. Fully perforated spool and backplate. Classic styling with minimal graphics only on foot. Tool-free spool removal. Selling it set up RHW, but you CAN reverse it to LHW.

The original MSRP was $249 on this model. I purchased it with the intent of using it as a backup for a 5/6 spey rod or single-hand 7/8wt rod. I put a line on it to gauge its capacity, but it has never been fished or mounted. The reel is in as new condition with no marks whatsoever. It holds ample backing with a WF8, but it's plenty light enough for a modern 10' 6wt rod. Good reel for a streamer rod, light (trout) two-hander or bass. The drag is smooth, with a full range of adjustment; however, the drag surface is on the small side, so I wouldn’t personally use this for hot running fish like bones or fresh run steelhead. Not fancy, just a well made, traditional reel.

$80 plus $5 shipping please

If you can't view images, please email thedeaddrifter (AT) yahoo. Thanks, Eric

audax
04-04-2018, 05:26 PM
This reel is spoken for.

Thanks all