PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Trip- Brrrrr

BumpBailey
03-19-2018, 08:04 AM
I braved the cold (and the I-80 traffic on Friday) and fished Pyramid this weekend. It was cold and not overly crowded. Except for Pelican Point yesterday, that was a zoo. Speaking with the sheriff there, he hadn’t heard of one being caught there all day…. We went back to the south.

We got out there fairly early on Saturday, not a bad drive in from Truckee. Anticipation was high, my buddy had never fished it so, was particularly stoked. We decided to start at Popcorn and had the place to ourselves. Wadered up and we were in the water right away. It was cold and there was a little wind, I hooked up in the first 10 minutes on Saturday, good hard pull but not a violent shaking, thrashing hard pull… sucker fish! We fished there for a couple hours and both lost one before moving on. We fished hard all morning and afternoon only to finally land a small one, 2-3lbs late in the day. We were back at yesterday fishing the south end again, and landed a nicer fish late morning at Sand Hole. That was it for the successes. No luck stripping. I think I missed on two and had two chase me all the way up to the rod tip… The reports we heard were not stellar. Everyone seemed to be wither on the Schneid or one or two fish…. And we’d see one caught here or there but, never saw or heard of it being “hot”.

BS
03-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Yep, that about sums it up @ Pyramid right now.

I went a couple of times before this last storm and it wasn't good then.

Last trip I was 1 for 2 from 10:30 - sunset.
That was a lot of staring at an indicator for little rewards.

The bite started to "turn on" a couple/few weeks ago and then suddenly changed to nuthin'.

I'm going to try again sometime this week and see how it goes.

Bob