PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Report 2/21/18

BS
02-21-2018, 10:18 PM
Since there's a storm moving in tonight, I thought I'd give Pyramid another try today.........noon till dark.

Fished at Wino again and had a pretty good day of it too !!!

Even though there was only two other guys fishing, I was fortunate enough to be the "hot rod" there today.

Nothing real large landed, however I did LDR "something really big".

Everything landed took a Midnight Cowboy Balanced Leech deep under an indicator.

I went 5 for 10 with a "couple of anomalies" too !!! :confused:

First, and not counted in the 5 for 10, I was a little miffed that my floating shooting head was coiling pretty badly.
I grabbed the line at the rear and started stretching the line towards the tip and my indicator disappeared !!!!
I set the hook (with my arm) and had a tug o' war for about 5 seconds with a fish and then it snapped my BL off !!!!! :p

Second, just after the sun went down behind the hills, I was watching my indy patiently and a fish came up and mouthed my indicator.
I use a chartreuse and flame corkie for an indicator and the flame color was facing down.
Hummmmm...............I wonder if they'd chomp on glo-bugs like planters do ??????? :confused:

So, there you have it.
No need to shower off the skunk, and my net smells like fish too !!!!! :D

Just thought you guys would like to know.

Bob

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-22-2018, 06:23 AM
With the chance of hooking one of those Monster Cutts I think Pyramid Lake is a good thing in winter for most in Nevada and Nor Cal.

Thanks for the detailed report Bob......

Dick
02-22-2018, 12:34 PM
Bob ----- thanks for the report. Had a neighbor go up the other day and he didn't have any grabs and saw very few fish taken.
Glad you got some fish.
Dick

PV_Premier
03-02-2018, 07:54 AM
From the posts I have seen on Instagram it seems like the lake is really going off this week. I may try to sneak up there next weekend if the reports remain strong and the gf can be convinced. Also depends on how the steelhead flows shape up...