PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of cell phone photography on our BB over the last 10 years.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-04-2018, 08:27 AM
It is amazing how the quality of the photography with cell phones has improved over the years.

How many here use their cell phones and how many use a digital camera?

Larry S
02-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Bill,
John H, especially, has shared some amazing work of his using
both the cell phone and digital cameras.
Thanks John!
Larry S
Sun Diego

John H
03-31-2018, 02:05 PM
I don’t use the cell phone that much. I like them for texting a photo of what is happening right now but for good resolution and printing a DSLR with a full size sensor seems to be the way to go. I have taken some phone pictures I thought were pretty good but when I got them on my desktop monitor I could see a lot of problems with them. Smart phones do a lot of editing to the photos. They pump up the color and brightness so they look good on your phone which they do but they seem to lose a lot of resolution through that process.

My ideal camera kit is a DSLR with one lens and a polarizing filter, a waterproof point and shoot with a fish eye lens, a GoPro, my phone if I have service, a light tripod and a dry bag to put the whole mess into. I do find the best way to get good pictures is to stop fishing. I usually get good pictures when the fishing is bad and I quit, there is only one spot to fish and I let my buddy have it or we stop to eat lunch. If the fish are biting I don’t seem to get a lot of pictures.

BumpBailey
04-01-2018, 09:42 AM
I don’t use the cell phone that much. I like them for texting a photo of what is happening right now but for good resolution and printing a DSLR with a full size sensor seems to be the way to go. I have taken some phone pictures I thought were pretty good but when I got them on my desktop monitor I could see a lot of problems with them. Smart phones do a lot of editing to the photos. They pump up the color and brightness so they look good on your phone which they do but they seem to lose a lot of resolution through that process.

My ideal camera kit is a DSLR with one lens and a polarizing filter, a waterproof point and shoot with a fish eye lens, a GoPro, my phone if I have service, a light tripod and a dry bag to put the whole mess into. I do find the best way to get good pictures is to stop fishing. I usually get good pictures when the fishing is bad and I quit, there is only one spot to fish and I let my buddy have it or we stop to eat lunch. If the fish are biting I don’t seem to get a lot of pictures.

My sentiments exactly.... beautiful sunsets often get the cel phone if fish are biting... If slow, break out the DSLR, a tripod, and an IPA!