PDA

View Full Version : LGC's Switch Rod Workshop

Lance Gray
01-26-2018, 09:39 AM
Folks,

We have a Introduction to Switch Rod Workshop on February 13, 2018. We have all the equipment: rods, reels, lines, tips and flies. All you need is wading gear. We teach you how a switch rod works, why they are so great and we do it all on the water. Come learn. We only have 1 spot left. For more info go to the link below.

http://lancegrayandcompany.com/workshops/introduction_to_switch_rods

Get out there and fish!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-26-2018, 07:03 PM
Wow....what are great way to get into the two handed / Spey world......

Lance Gray
01-27-2018, 03:57 PM
Wow....what are great way to get into the two handed / Spey world......

Bill - exactly! We will have Sage X-Axis Switch rods, Sage Spey rods and Redington Trout Speys' for people to play with. We also have every Skagit RIO makes and Scandis, not including all the tips. A great way to learn!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-27-2018, 09:03 PM
I need to get one of those Redington Trout Speys......for half-pounders.

Lance Gray
01-28-2018, 09:16 AM
I need to get one of those Redington Trout Speys......for half-pounders.

I have the Redington 4 Trout Spey and I love it. Very nice for swing soft hackles on the lower sac. I need to get you up there to do that. Some of the riffles are awesome and the trout love the soft caddis hackle that I tie!

The switch class is just that - they get to see the equipment and use it, when they do they fall in love with it!!!

Larry S
01-28-2018, 04:06 PM
Have fished with Lance on several occasions; steelhead school on the Feather and switch rods
on the Lower Sac. Lance and his wife run a first class operation. Hard working, knowledgeable,
all the right gear, and patience like you won't believe! I highly recommend him. That Sac-Bay
area has so many top-guides. Been steelhead fishing since the mid-late 1960's, and my biggest
regret is trying to learn all of ins and outs by myself. Bite the bullet and use those great guides.
Factor that in on the price of your trips and you won't regret it.
Best to all,
Larry S
Sun Diego; mid 80's today. WTH?