PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake report for Saturday, January 20, 2018

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-25-2018, 08:56 PM
RE: Saturday, January 20, 2018 Outing Pyramid Lake

CURRENT FISHING CONDITIONS AS REPORTED BY NUMEROUS INDIVIDUALS AND LOCAL CLUBS:

Well there are days on Pyramid where the lunch and a cold one take center stage over the fishing. This was one of those days. 9 fly fishers, maybe a couple of grabs, 7 hours fishing and zero fish in the net. But that's been Pyramid this year. Finding fish, even from pontoon boats has been difficult. These fish will need some more time to reestablish their position to drop offs. The lake is up over 10 feet from the previous year and the fish are still getting used to it.

I know some regulars are getting some decent numbers but they are there every day and are more clued in to what is going on than those of us that go over and fish the big pond every one or two weeks. Stay the course. Fish on windy/stormy days if you can to increase your odds. It will only get better from here. Put on a midnight cowboy and a white/chartreuse and get out there and show them your best Michael Jackson. It's eventually going to click. I would have loved to post some pics of some nice cutts, but the only bite anyone really got was a hot dog around noon ;-).

BS
01-26-2018, 07:40 AM
Thanks for this post/update Bill.

It gives some validation to my report a couple of days ago.

A bunch of sticks in the water with little results.

It'll turn on soon, I guess I/we just have to be patient.

Bob