PDA

View Full Version : Be careful out there on the water? video

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-17-2018, 12:03 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2018/01/chilling_video_fisherman_jumps.html

Found on Dan Blanton's message board.

JasonB
01-17-2018, 07:46 PM
Wow! The video was crazy, amazing that they are all ok. I hope they win the lawsuit, that other driver shouldn’t be allowed to drive again.

Mickey
01-18-2018, 03:11 AM
None of the three were wearing pfd's either. If I'm in a boat or on my kayak the pfd stays on. No fatalities in that incident was surprising.

JayDubP
01-18-2018, 11:05 AM
From article in Oregonian: "The boat driver, Marlin Lee Larsen, 75, who uses a motorized scooter to get around, was accused of multiple crimes after telling investigators he was unable to see where he was driving because he was sitting down and the dash of his boat was blocking his view."

The fishermen seemed to be anchored so they really were sitting ducks.

OceanSunfish
01-19-2018, 01:13 AM
The Buoy 10 season hails a lot of boats from all over the place and there is a consensus about how most boats operate and fish during that season...... "When in Rome...." That being said, that is not place for a boat, especially one that size, to be motoring WOT during that part of the season.

Another reason not to go WOT is that there are sand bars all over the place too! Each year many go out and chart the sand bars before the season starts.....

Amazing nobody was severely injured or died. IF you jump too early that boat could run you over........