PDA

View Full Version : Lower Feather River

rouleur35
11-18-2017, 02:30 PM
Planning to take my brother and son in law to float the low flow Feather river tomorrow. Looking for some last minute advice as to what's working. Planning on mostly indicator fishing, but may swing a few runs as my son in law is interested in Spey casting.
Thanks for any advice,
Tom

Troutsource
11-23-2017, 12:10 PM
I heard the floating limb flies are killing it.

Lance Gray
11-25-2017, 01:02 AM
The Feather has been fishing good to great - it just matters if you have fish in the riffle you are fishing. Sometimes the lower river fishes better than the high and vice versa. I like fishing beads this time of year. We fish a orange bead and a light pink bead 8mm-10mm in size, with a third fly being a worm, bird's nest olive or a mayfly imitations like a X-May or a S&M in Olive Size 16.

The river if you haven't been on it before has changed drastically and in some places like steep riffle it is plan dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

I hope that helps!!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-25-2017, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the excellent info Lance.......

Andy Guibord
11-25-2017, 04:28 PM
Swinging an olive sculpin pattern is sometimes dynamite. Trail a birds nest or pheasant tail off the front fly, or some kind of soft hackle pattern.

Lance Gray
11-26-2017, 12:19 AM
Swinging an olive sculpin pattern is sometimes dynamite. Trail a birds nest or pheasant tail off the front fly, or some kind of soft hackle pattern.

Andy
The Sculphins where hurt big time during the high water. I would fish the small stuff first Soft Hackles and Dirty Bird's.