PDA

View Full Version : Half pounders

Andy Guibord
11-06-2017, 08:00 PM
I just got off the water on the American River. I was fishing with my friend, Rich Plath, and we were Spey casting out of my boat, anchored in the middle of the river, and swinging in water out of reach to wade fisherman. We hooked three nice size half pounders but did not land a single one due to steelhead theatrics. Just as well, as I left the net at home and we would have released them anyway.

Head to the river if you can. I will be conducting some one on one Spey, steelhead clinics; if you are interested email or call me.

Tight lines.

PV_Premier
11-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Head to the river if you can. I will be conducting some one on one Spey, steelhead clinics; if you are interested email or call me. Tight lines.

Hi Andy, can you share further details of dates/times for your steelhead clinics, and costs? American River newbie, Yuba river expert, need help I am quickly learning...mostly to find the spots where the salmon flossers are not beating the water...

adrianflyfish
11-08-2017, 12:41 PM
I just got off the water on the American River. I was fishing with my friend, Rich Plath, and we were Spey casting out of my boat, anchored in the middle of the river, and swinging in water out of reach to wade fisherman. We hooked three nice size half pounders but did not land a single one due to steelhead theatrics. Just as well, as I left the net at home and we would have released them anyway. Head to the river if you can. I will be conducting some one on one Spey, steelhead clinics; if you are interested email or call me. Tight lines.

Hey Andy,
What outfit you using on the A this time of year? 6 wt with a skagit set up? Or a 4 wt with a scandi set up?

Adrian