PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's and CFFU special Kids Day was a success......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Hello all. I hope that this finds you well.

Gary Howard did a great job soliciting all of the passionate CFFU volunteers to share their passion of fly tying with the kids. Every time I went by the fly tying table there were serious looks on kids faces when listening, and smiling looks as they finished their flies. Thank you Gary, Dick, Laurie, Stan, Gary E and Tim L.

I would also like to thank Bruce Bartholomew, Ty Espinoza, Forrest “Einstin” Oldham, Ken Giesser, with Dave and Carol Tevlin for their participation as Casting Instructors for the kids. Either before or after tying a Woolly Bugger, the kids went outside to the rear parking lot and tried their hand at casting a fly rod. Be this their first or not their first time they had a fly rod in their little hand, they all seemed to pay attention and try to feel loading of the rod. In addition, Gary Howard volunteered his VELCRO FISH GAME for the kids to try bringing in the big one!

For those of you not familiar with the game, 20” rainbow trout with micro velcro bodies were cast to by the kids with a little piece of velcro tied to the tippet. Once the kids “made the connection”, FISH ON!!!

Congratulate your fellow CFFU members for their interest, time, and effort in having some fun fly tying, “the angler’s art”, AND fly casting. These members represented CFFU and gave back to the community.

Thank you all for assisting to make the 2nd Annual Fly Tying Festival a huge success.

One last THANK YOU goes to Joe Bania who donated “SPECIAL PRIZES” to the first 20 kids, in addition to a new “Minnow Fly Rod Kit”, made by Redington, a fly rod, reel, and line all ready to go fishing for the less tall fisher - the kit was an 8’ #5 2 piece rod with rod tube included.

Kiene’s American Fly Fishing greatly appreciated of the CFFU Members great effort!

Tim Au-Young