PDA

View Full Version : FS: Chico era Powell Light Touch IM6 Steelhead rods - Summer Run and North Umpqua

Rich Morrison
10-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Up for sale are two Powell Light Touch IM6 graphite 7-8wt rods. Text (cell number is in my signature below) or email for photos...

9'6" 2pc Summer Run 7-8wt. In my dealings with old Powell rods I've found this to be one of the most sought after Powell graphite rods. This one has been used but not abused. When it came to me it had a slightly short tip. Jim Clarkson in Chico had the Powell repair stock to bring it back to full length so now it is. It's been fished and shows it but has another 25 years of swinging flies left in it now. Original tube and sock.
SOLD

10' 2 pc North Umpua 7-8wt. Excellent condition. Simply a super sweet graphite Steelhead rod. Non-original tube.
SOLD

PM, email, call or text with interest.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-19-2017, 05:07 PM
That Powell Summer Run was the big dog back in it's day.

Super smooth and long casting.

Many of us fished that rod for years.

I would use a Rio Steelhead WF7F on it for Swinging flies in the Fall for Steelhead.

**Chuck Campana cast that rod when it first came out at the ISE show and said he could throw the entire 105' Cortland 444 SL WF7F line on every cast.

ricards
10-20-2017, 09:25 AM
That Powell Summer Run was the big dog back in it's day.

Super smooth and long casting.

Many of us fished that rod for years.

I would use a Rio Steelhead WF7F on it for Swinging flies in the Fall for Steelhead.

**Chuck Campana cast that rod when it first came out at the ISE show and said he could throw the entire 105' Cortland 444 SL WF7F line on every cast.

I second that. I have a 9'6" Summer Run built by Dave Simmons Jr. for his father. Those were the days...

Rich Morrison
10-24-2017, 02:24 PM
Both rods have been sold. Thanks!