PDA

View Full Version : Big Cutthroat Gets Airborne! Fly Fishing Pyramid Lake - 10.15.2017

SanJoseBass
10-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Took my lady Megan out to hit the lake. Our main goal was to check out The Needles at the North end of the lake and do just a bit of fishing. Although the wind was stronger than what was forecasted so heading that far north was out of the question.

We had a lil' too much fun the night before so she battled with a bit of sea sickness at the start of the day. When we went back to the launch ramp, waves were crashing on it and a boat was almost about to sink while waiting for his trailer to pick him up! It was just too gnarly to take out at that time.

She was feeling a bit better by then so we went around the corner to wait out the wind and try a few casts. I was getting bumps but the fish were not connecting so I downsized my fly to a balanced leech based upon Megan's suggestion.

A few casts in and BLAM-O! Caught this beast. The reason I posted this is mainly because the fish jumped twice and we caught the second jump on film. From what I have heard, these Cutties don't jump much so seeing a fish this size get air born was amazing. Definitely something to share!!

We don't know how much it weighed but I am guessing 9-11 pounds. And btw, my lady just starts recording whenever she is with me and I get a nice fish! I don't ask her too but our love for capturing footage is the same. She's sort of a natural at filming! We have a Montana video coming out soon so you guys can see how good she really is behind the lens.

Enjoy *warning* Explicit Langue *warning*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-hfxSq8Zbg