PDA

View Full Version : Frenchman & Fuller

GoldenStone
10-14-2017, 04:48 PM

Last week Cousin Carl and I hit Frenchman and had some fairly good action with the larger fish being from 16's and an 18-incher on rusty wiggle tails and my new snail pattern. (My Frenchman Lake snail I call "Escargo" used the Lafontaine's overbody veil technique to create a larger, glowing shell as the naturals... and yay... it worked great! Although I used the version, not shown with dark olive marbou for the snail foot/body coming out of the shell in place of the rubber legs shown on one. ) And the white little wooly bugger worked when I saw minnows being herded by trout one evening. Fun!
One late morning I was floating through an Entomology Class 101 with everything on the water. Midges, blood midges, two kinds of beetles, callibaetis and even a longhorn caddis! Really cool. Then early afternoon there were golden flying ants! Obviously must be termites... about a #14-12. Never saw that bug before... They were really GOLDEN! Amazing. There was a super-short window that they were rising for them... but them golden 'ants' were all over. Overall, had to really work for the fish even with all the hatches.
On the way home I took my cousin to Fuller since he never went there. Pretty fun with lots of smaller fish up to a 15" brown on 'deep purple' bugger with a #18 black AP black beadhead.

Bkane
10-15-2017, 12:07 AM
Should have tried the bumblebee��

GoldenStone
10-15-2017, 10:07 AM
Good idea. By the time I decided to switch with my floating line, the bite was off. And then the wind really picked up. But a bee pattern could've done the trick. Or maybe a small goldenstone with trimmed back wings??