PDA

View Full Version : Truckee area report

yubaman
10-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Fished up in the Truckee area this past weekend. The main river is a bit low on flows above Boca and below Boca the flows are perfect. The water has a slight green tinge to it as well. There are some good caddis and mayfly hatches going on mid-morning and it was pretty much game-on while this occurred.

I did not fish the LT as it was packed with cars. We decided to venture to some water farther north and the fishing on these streams was very good. Major bug hatches of all types with fish feeding throughout the system. One of these was smaller water that we picked off of the map, and decided to explore. We were rewarded!

Anyhow, it's a good time to get up and enjoy the Truckee area right now.

PV_Premier
10-12-2017, 06:00 PM
LT was a goat rodeo on Sunday. I was fortunate to catch one very nice fish in an area that I'm sure others walk/drive right by. Immediately after that, I got top holed and left.

cdevine
10-13-2017, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the report. Awesome you got out to some different waters. That is what its all about.
I'm to the point now where the LT is basically off my list. Just not worth it. Maybe I will snow shoe in again this winter.... And to be honest I use to be hear about how technical fishing it is but catching a fish of similar size on the BT is a hell of a lot harder. Anyway I keep hearing the same thing about the LT. Place is just getting hammered.