PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Riders

John H
09-26-2017, 09:42 PM
I was going fishing last week and the road was closed for some kind of winter landslide repair. The closure was near a trail I hike occasionally so my options were a hike or a drive home. I did the hike and made the video below of my dog and me up to Fiske Peak on Blue Ridge. About halfway up I set up one camera and did a three hour time lapse. My camera was next to the trail so I was happy to see it was not stolen when I got back. I used a second camera along the trail for other video and photos. Some cool stuff in it and kind of a storyline. No fishing but it is on the photo page so it should be a legal post. My plan is to do a fishing video like this but we will see if I can refrain from fishing long enough to get the video and photos. I will also need some nice fish to make it a good video so it will be tough.

https://vimeo.com/235093492

https://vimeo.com/235093492">Blue Ridge

Larry S
10-04-2017, 10:53 AM
John,
Wonderful stuff! Always look forward to your offerings. Vaughn Monroe's version of that song
was on the radio big time in the late 1940's.
Best,
Larry S
Sun Diego

John H
10-04-2017, 12:47 PM
I listened to several versions of Ghost Riders on iTunes and got the one by the Outlaws. I am more of the ‘70’s music generation but I love your music knowledge. You probably listened to Hank Williams when he was on a roll. Were you in S.D in the ‘40’s?

Larry S
10-04-2017, 04:08 PM
John,
Your choice was perfect. Came to San Diego in early 1961; was pretty much a Navy town then.
I have a very eclectic taste in music; not a big fan of what the younger set digs today.
Best to you,
Larry S

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Thanks John

Still photos are cool but nothing beats good moving pictures with sound (video).

Stay at it......

I was born in 1945 and love the music of the '50s and '60s the most.

IanHollins
11-22-2017, 02:33 AM
As always, your videos are definitely great, John! :)