PDA

View Full Version : Beach recommendations for Pyramid?

Plibithman
09-26-2017, 12:35 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and wanted to start it off with a quick question. I'm sure many of you, like me, are starting to get excited about fishing Pyramid lake in the fall. I've fished Pyramid Lake in early to mid-November for many years in a row now, with varying degrees of success. I've developed some habits, though, and am thinking I need to try new things.

One major one is I always camp and fish from Warrior Point. I did well there one year and have always gone back, but I find that once I've set up camp, I end up mostly staying put for the entire trip, even if fishing is slow. I'd like to try camping at a new beach this year, but there's so many to pick from...

I'm looking for a beach with (in rough order of importance):
-consistently good fishing in Nov, especially from ladders
-some degree of solitude
-good camping area (i.e. land is not too steep)
-somewhat protected from predominate winds (although I know some wind is good for fishing)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

amoeba
10-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Go north towards the Pinnacles, very little pressure up there.

amoeba
10-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Go north towards the Pinnacles, very little pressure up there.

Correction...roads N of Warrior still FUBAR (closed)....it will be a zoo until further notice. I have no recommendation.

Woodman
10-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Correction...roads N of Warrior still FUBAR (closed)....it will be a zoo until further notice. I have no recommendation.

Confirmed. Was at Warrior Friday and Saturday. Road closed (but not physically) and beaches closed north of Warrior. That didn't keep lots of knuckleheads from setting up camp at Monument. Don't know whether the rangers ran them off.

Plibithman
10-09-2017, 07:49 AM
Confirmed. Was at Warrior Friday and Saturday. Road closed (but not physically) and beaches closed north of Warrior. That didn't keep lots of knuckleheads from setting up camp at Monument. Don't know whether the rangers ran them off.

Thanks Woodman and amoeba! Woodman, how was Warrior this year? With the water 10' higher, I wonder if the shelf is pretty hard to access by foot/ladder? Also, was it snaggy given the vegetation that was reclaimed by the lake waters?

It's sounding like I'll probably head back to Warrior afterall.