PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Campana of Sacramento is one of my mentors.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-24-2017, 07:56 PM
Chuck worked for the Department of Boats & Water Ways for the state of California.

A founding member of the local fly club, California Fly Fishers Unlimited in Sacramento.

After his retirement he helped us at the shop for many years.

He hosted lots of group trips through the shop to exotic places like Chili, Loreto Baja, Christmas Island, Alaska, and British Columbia.

Noted for his casting ability Chuck is a world class fly fisher.

Here is a photo of him recently fishing the Rogue River with Al Perryman.

Ed Wahl
09-24-2017, 11:26 PM
I watched Chuck casting from his pram a few years ago at Rancho Seco, sweetest casting stroke I've ever seen.

RonOtto
09-25-2017, 10:17 AM
In addition to being a gifted caster and fisherman, Chuck is a fine gentleman.

We have a rich tradition and some outstanding individuals to emulate here in our NorCal fishing community.

Thanks for reminding us, Bill.

Ron Otto

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-25-2017, 10:31 AM
I met Chuck about 50 years ago when I first started working in the sporting goods business at Sports Unlimited in Sacramento.

I have learned a lot from him over the years about fishing and hunting.

We use to compare our shotgun reloading formulas.

Back then it was fishing and hunting around Sacramento.

**Chuck got me converted to fly fishing with mostly a floating line for almost everything with fins.

Today I use a floating line with nothing on it but a tapered leader and a fly for many species.......

...........Tarpon, Bonefish, Permit, Snook, Dorado, Roosterfish, Jacks, Trevally, freshwater bass & panfish, Steelhead, and trout.

It is so enjoyable to cast a fly rod with a floating line, tapered leader and weightless fly or hair bug or popper.