PDA

View Full Version : I think our trout streams are finally in shape.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-14-2017, 08:10 AM
I think the next two months should be fantastic on most good trout streams, big and small.

Time to go.....

wineslob
09-15-2017, 12:14 AM
I've been hitting some small streams around me. The West Branch of the Feather, Philbrook Creek, and Butte Creek. All are still flowing well and cold.

I may try and get up to the Big and Little Kimshew, I probably haven't been there in 20+years.

I tried the North Fork of the Feather, but got skunked. It was very apparent that the water had been high for a long time. All the willows in the high water area were dead, and dried silt still covered all the rocks.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-15-2017, 10:32 AM
We really like Paradise.......nice little mountain town.

Jared
10-02-2017, 02:25 PM
I'm still in the exploring stage of a newish resident. Growing up in Oregon I was spoiled with road side streams and I haven't been able to find that around here. Where can I find these types of places? I live in Yuba city and regularly fish hammon grove and the hwy 20 bridge overpass. Any kind of basic directions would be great, or landmarks I can put in the gps.

PV_Premier
10-02-2017, 06:15 PM
I'm still in the exploring stage of a newish resident. Growing up in Oregon I was spoiled with road side streams and I haven't been able to find that around here. Where can I find these types of places? I live in Yuba city and regularly fish hammon grove and the hwy 20 bridge overpass. Any kind of basic directions would be great, or landmarks I can put in the gps.

Many if not most of the solid blue lines above 4500' elevation have trout. Some more than others. And, some of the streams at lower elevations have them too, particularly the ones that connect as tributaries to better known major rivers.

EricO
10-03-2017, 09:33 AM

Hey Jared,

Just review the most recent forum posts...tons of info. Silver Fork near Kyburz, NF Yuba, MF Feather, West Carson etc.
And the blue lines PV mentioned.

Have fun.

Eric