PDA

View Full Version : Half-pounders on the Low Flow of the Lower Feather River........

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-13-2017, 09:49 AM
Was just talking with Nor Cal guide Lincoln Gray in Chico, California.

He said they are having a good run of Half-pounders on the Low Flow of the Lower Feather River.

He said they are 14 to 18 inches so I guess I am going to get up there because I have not had any luck on the Lower American.

I told him I was looking at getting a little two handed rod for Half-pounders.

I said I was thinking of the Redington Trout Spey that is 11'6" #4 in 4 piece for $349.

He said that would be good but his favorite is the Sage Pulse 11' #3 in 4 piece for $550.

I will let you know what I get......

Trouter925
09-13-2017, 11:17 AM
I fished last Sunday on the American O-dark-thirty to about noon. Not much happening. Mostly doing recon now - looking for "fishy" locations for when they actually decide to show up. I was thinking about hitting up the Feather after somebody posted saying salmon were in below the outlet and some steelhead were mixed in. I read it was combat fishing...I don't really want to partake in that...but I think I will get up pre-O-dark-thirty this weekend and go explore the feather low flow.

Echo TR? - $380.

I'm gathering up components to building a couple rods - Anglers roost IM6 12' 3/4 and a Ye Olde English Fly Shop IM8 12' 4/5. Have no idea what they'll be like...

Earl

Larry S
09-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Bill,
You should test drive the Echo Glass 10'6" 3 or 4 weight switch. Believe it's around $280.
Sweet! I have the 3-weight.
Best,
Larry S