PDA

View Full Version : David Armocido says he is all alone in Missoula, Montana?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-08-2017, 07:57 AM
David says he is all alone now on his favorite small walk-n-wade streams out of Missoula.

He thinks the fires, kids back in school and the hunting season have all really thinned down the crowds.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-08-2017, 08:01 AM
David was a school teacher in Colusa who retired to Missoula a few years ago.

He was very active in the local fly club in Colusa, California.......the Colusa Flycasters.

If you want some good info on fly fishing around Missoula next summer I can get you connected with David.

I think July, August and September are top months for fly fishing in his area of Montana.

A few years back I was very fortunate to be able to fish with David on the iconic Rock Creek.

He basically let me cast all day to the spots he knows well and I think I landed 67 trout in four species all on the same #14 dry fly on one of his 3 weight Sage outfits. It was my best day of stream trout dry fly fishing.

My brother Dick went last summer to fish Rock Creek with David and had his best day on dries ever too.

Garrett S
09-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Its pretty quiet out here! Bad air quality and the opening of hunting season has really thinned out the crowds on the rivers.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Garrett, What are you doing back there?

daveiam
09-08-2017, 09:14 PM
David guided me a few yeas ago in Missoula--on Bill's recommendation. I would readily hire him again, and I plan to make a loop through Colorado, Montana, and Idaho next year. He is on my list.

Garrett S
09-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Garrett, What are you doing back there?
I moved out here a couple years ago for school, it's been a lot of fun getting to know all the rivers out here

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-10-2017, 07:40 AM
That's great......