PDA

View Full Version : Silverfork

kyburz
08-27-2017, 01:17 PM
Kyburz area fan. Recently checked dreamflows site and saw that SFA and Silverfork below 100 cfs! Wow we're into low flow already and dry fly opportunities. Even after the winter we had. Going up to China flat in late September and figuring on long fine dry fishing like what I did last year in June. Any comments on leaving the nymph rig at home?

Sheepdog8404
08-27-2017, 01:35 PM
I would leave the indi rig for sure. Though I am severely bias because I HATE indicator fishing. Silver Fork should be on fire early in the morning and late in the afternoon for dry fly opportunities. I've caught fish on dries up there in the middle of the day when it's a roaster but I definitely had to work for them... Some might argue it's not "ethical" to do so... whatever.

If you're having a hard time getting eats during the day on dries, swing a larger heavy weighted soft hackle in the bigger pools, they'll come up for it. I never really did to well on streamers up there, but I also haven't really tried it all that much either. I'm not even sure if there are resident Sculpins in that river. Maybe a small flashy parr streamer would work? Let us know how you do!