PDA

View Full Version : Lower Stan Still @ 1500+cfs.... Why?

yankeefanbob
08-24-2017, 07:47 AM
Can't imagine the Lower Stanislaus River/Goodwin Canyon section is still running @ 1500+ cfs.....anybody know why?

I understand the rainy/stormy past winter and all, but, it's almost Sept. and still flowing at that crazy speed?

It usually fishes @ 200-350cfs

Haven't fished it since early Feb., I miss my river......

Thanks,

Bob

Chris Gearhart
08-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Bob I gave up years ago trying to understand the release schedules on the Stan! Not sure where you live but you might consider the Moke. It's been at a very fishable 600cfs for a couple weeks. I've been doing well from a driftboat.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-27-2017, 04:44 PM
One of the largest forms of corruptions in our state is to do with the water.

Lots of greed.........lots of lies.

yankeefanbob
08-28-2017, 08:39 AM
One of the largest forms of corruptions in our state is to do with the water.

Lots of greed.........lots of lies.

Yes Bill.....that does not surprise me!!

yankeefanbob
08-28-2017, 08:43 AM
Bob I gave up years ago trying to understand the release schedules on the Stan! Not sure where you live but you might consider the Moke. It's been at a very fishable 600cfs for a couple weeks. I've been doing well from a driftboat.

Thanks Chris....just may have to check it out, never fished it, but, discovery is part of the game!

Frank Alessio
08-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Can't imagine the Lower Stanislaus River/Goodwin Canyon section is still running @ 1500+ cfs.....anybody know why?

I understand the rainy/stormy past winter and all, but, it's almost Sept. and still flowing at that crazy speed?

It usually fishes @ 200-350cfs

Haven't fished it since early Feb., I miss my river......

Thanks,

Bob

Bob do you remember a few months ago Dianne Feinstine had her fingers in the pot concerning the water in New Melones??? These people are not our Friends...

mogaru
08-28-2017, 09:03 PM
The answer is the south cal has to refill their underground aquifer storage and water Mr. Resnick almond orchards........ and yes Dianne Frankenstein if his right hand in the water.

JayDubP
08-29-2017, 08:07 AM
The answer is the south cal has to refill their underground aquifer storage and water Mr. Resnick almond orchards........ and yes Dianne Frankenstein if his right hand in the water.

Kern Water Bank is the biggest re-seller of water in the state. So, much of the water accounted for as "agricultural use" is re-sold by the KRB to various water districts, including East Bay Municipal Utility District in SF East Bay.. the canal leaves the Delta and flows though areas served by EBMUD, but EBMUD has to pay Kern Water Bank to divert water.

Resnick lives in Beverly Hills and is on paper, a large corporate farmer. He is a good friend and business associate of Dick Blum, Feinstein's husband. Tejon Ranch is the other large shareholder of KRB and counts the Pelosi Trust as one of its owners....

As Bill said-- water is the real money & power grab. The movie Chinatown is a must watch... unfortunately the story line is still true today.

mogaru
08-29-2017, 08:47 AM
Right on the money, pun intended..........With the water, like many other issues we face, we have the enemy within....................

Kern Water Bank is the biggest re-seller of water in the state. So, much of the water accounted for as "agricultural use" is re-sold by the KRB to various water districts, including East Bay Municipal Utility District in SF East Bay.. the canal leaves the Delta and flows though areas served by EBMUD, but EBMUD has to pay Kern Water Bank to divert water.

Resnick lives in Beverly Hills and is on paper, a large corporate farmer. He is a good friend and business associate of Dick Blum, Feinstein's husband. Tejon Ranch is the other large shareholder of KRB and counts the Pelosi Trust as one of its owners....

As Bill said-- water is the real money & power grab. The movie Chinatown is a must watch... unfortunately the story line is still true today.

yankeefanbob
08-29-2017, 09:16 AM
Right on the money, pun intended..........With the water, like many other issues we face, we have the enemy within....................

The rich keep getting richer at our expense......son of a bit....!!

Fishtopher
08-29-2017, 10:20 AM
It's usually to control water quality issues in the San Joaquin before it hits the Delta. Since New Melones is a federal dam, they tend to be the ones in charge of releasing water to meet water quality standards in the San Joaquin. This is not uncommon for the Stan.

Also, the Tuolumne is at 3,000 cfs, so its not just the Stan that is high.

SteveD53
09-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Fished the upper Stan below Spicer Fri 9/9 and Sat 9/10. Flow around 500 cfm Fri, dropped considerably Sat, level dropped about 2ft. Buddy drove up to Spicer Sat to check it out, could'nt believe the pics he brought back, waaaaaaaaaay low. River was running around 800-850cfm around the first of the week. Where the he!! is all this water going??!!