PDA

View Full Version : Graeagle area

jrib
08-21-2017, 06:15 PM
I am heading up to the Graeagle area this week in the RV for some much needed cooler weather and some R&R. Unfortunately I missed Lance Grays workshop up there earlier this year. Looking for tips and advice where to fish up there. Any productive rivers/streams up there or are there only Lakes? Is there a local fly shop up there? Any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance....

PV_Premier
08-21-2017, 07:13 PM
Jamison Creek, Gray Eagle Creek, and Frazier Creek all contain small wild trout. A 10" is a trophy.

North Yuba is 20 mins down Gold Lake Highway and should fish well above Ladies Canyon Creek.

Size 14 Parachute Adams all day, every day.

yubaman
08-22-2017, 01:25 PM
I think the Middle Fork of the Feather should fish okay, but stay below Two Rivers where the water is cool.

jrib
08-22-2017, 07:16 PM
thanks for the tips guys. Are there any fly shops up there?

Bitter Dave
08-22-2017, 07:46 PM
thanks for the tips guys. Are there any fly shops up there?

If I remember correctly there is an Ace Hardware in Blairsden that has some fly fishing supplies... maybe.

TahoeJoe
08-23-2017, 11:24 AM
For a good selection stop at Mountain Hardware in Truckee on the way. They are well stocked with flies, tying materials, and equipment.

RaffiB
08-23-2017, 12:38 PM
Think everyone hit the creek options up that way. The other fly shop, depending on which way you are coming is in Quincy ( I think it is still open). I think it's called Sportsmans Den. Real nice guy, but hours i recall were a bit limited

Also, there's a great guide up that way, who participates on this board, if you're looking for a guide. Jon Baiocchi. He also does great updates for that whole area on his blog http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

Rafadwg_34