PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe Fly Fishing Outfitters

FlyFisher007
08-14-2017, 09:37 PM
It's been awhile since I have posted, but I wanted to let everyone know how great the guys at Tahoe Outfitters are. I took my Dad to fish Sawmill Lake for his birthday last week. He was fighting a big fish and accidentally knocked my Scott rod off his pontoon, and I looked up in time to see the final 3 guides before it dropped to the bottom of the lake.

I called the shop and the guys said Vic would let me take a buddy that Scuba Dives up there to look for my rod. Luckily he was able to find it since I had a video of the area where it fell. I will be forever indebted to Vic, Eric, Jason and Rob at Tahoe FlyFishing Outfitters. I have not fished with them yet, but would highly recommend their shop for any products or services you may need in the Tahoe area.

Thanks again guys for letting me search for my rod and hoping I found it.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-14-2017, 10:34 PM
My old friend Victor Babbitt has a great reputation for having one of the best destination fly shops in California.

They have always had a great guide service.

Fly fishing cinematographer Mikey Wier got his start guiding for Vic so years ago.

http://tahoeflyfishing.com/

cdevine
08-15-2017, 06:36 AM
Excellent shop and great guys. Thanks for sharing. The one thing I like is they treat everybody the same. What I mean by that is they also cater to spin fisherman/gear guys. We are all 99.99% fly fisherman but I'm pretty sure most of us started with a spinning rod. I know I did chasing bass as a youngster.

I have done sawmill with my kids as well and can't recommend it enough for newbies or a relaxing day with pops.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-15-2017, 08:22 AM
I spent the first 10 years of my sporting goods career in two big sporting goods store and a bait-n-tackle shop so I can really relate to all fisher folks.

Fishing is all good.....

FlyFisher007
08-16-2017, 08:15 PM
They might have the 2nd best fly shop in California, right Bill?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-16-2017, 09:16 PM
We have a large, big city fly shop that is a good thing but I am so romantic and a little jealous of those guys who have the smaller destination fly shops.

They are so cool....what a life.