PDA

View Full Version : Help: Wounded Warriors Project info

Sheepdog8404
08-11-2017, 09:24 PM
A good friend of mine was telling me about his experience a while back when he got the opportunity to help out with the Wounded Warriors up at Horseshoe Bar Preserve. I was wondering if anyone on here has the information on who I could get in touch with to get in on that. As a Veteran myself, I would love the opportunity to give some of our nation's Heroes a hand at fly fishing. Thanks in advance for the help!

Frank R. Pisciotta
08-12-2017, 08:37 AM
Sheepdog8404

I am a Vietnam vet. FYI, are you aware that Wounded Warriors's service/money is for post-911 vets only?

Frank R. Pisciotta

Sheepdog8404
08-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Thank you for your service, Frank! I was not aware that the service was for Post-911 vets only. That's extremely unfortunate. I am however, aware that many other Nonprofit organizations provide similar experiences for vets of ALL wars. Not just those who are post-911...

Charlie S
08-13-2017, 09:45 AM
You might look up Project Healing Waters, a group that is also nation-wide and really helps vets. Our local group has outings, fly tying and rod building classes. Thanks for your service.
Charlie S, US Army retired

cyama
08-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Here is the link for Horseshoe Bar Program http://www.horseshoebarpreserve.com/fly-fishing-american-river/events/wounded-vets-event/