PDA

View Full Version : FYI - Sycamore ramp (Lower Yuba) closed weekend of August 18

PV_Premier
08-01-2017, 08:52 AM
According to the caretaker at the Sycamore Ranch property on the Lower Yuba, the campground/park and boat ramp will be closed the weekend of August 18 (Friday afternoon-Sunday afternoon) due to a private event (Kiwanis? I think he said). So, plan accordingly if you were thinking to float the river around that time.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Thanks PV.........

JayDubP
08-13-2017, 03:55 PM
According to the caretaker at the Sycamore Ranch property on the Lower Yuba, the campground/park and boat ramp will be closed the weekend of August 18 (Friday afternoon-Sunday afternoon) due to a private event (Kiwanis? I think he said). So, plan accordingly if you were thinking to float the river around that time.

Bumping this -- it is this next weekend and with the weather the Lower Yuba should be a good choice... plus a friend wanted to float.... good thing I remembered PV's post.

Thanks to PV

Now the question will be where to go to float...

Jim

bigfly
08-14-2017, 09:05 AM
Double thanks to PV.....
I was going to take a client float down that day!
Would have been embarrassed........

By the way, I have been guiding the Yuba a bit. 2400 is a little bit flushing but nice in spots...
As far as I can tell it seems more of a swinging river, since more than a few holes have filled in.
Caught a few bows, and saw some small salmon jumping....
Fall is coming

Jim