PDA

View Full Version : CDEC Guages Down?

TyV
07-05-2017, 04:49 PM
Anyone know why the CDEC river flow data gauges seems to have ALL been down for what seems like a week or so??? Yuba, Pit, McCloud among many others. The entire CDEC webpage has been unreachable. Surprised no one else has posted about it.

Anyone know why OR better yet, when they will be online again? Thanks!

yankeefanbob
07-05-2017, 06:07 PM
I noticed the same.....been wanting the updated flows on the Stan, it's been 2500-3500 for a long time, gotta be a lot lower to date.... I'm sure it's still not fishable though!!

Have no idea when they'll be back online....BUMMER :(

P.S. You beat me to the punch....I was gonna post "what's up" today

PV_Premier
07-05-2017, 08:44 PM
I've got someone with connections looking into it. Hope to have more info from the source tomorrow.

Ron B
07-06-2017, 07:26 AM
I've been wondering what the deal was myself. So, I called DWR yesterday and they said they had the CDEC system down and were working on it. They said they expect to have it up and running before the end of this week. They didn't offer a reason for the system being down, and I didn't ask.

yankeefanbob
07-06-2017, 08:06 AM
I've been wondering what the deal was myself. So, I called DWR yesterday and they said they had the CDEC system down and were working on it. They said they expect to have it up and running before the end of this week. They didn't offer a reason for the system being down, and I didn't ask.

Ron, Thanks buddy for the info.....

Spicytuna1
07-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Fish head is showing a flow on 228cfs at orange blossom if that is what you are looking for.

However that seems awful low from what it should be after this winter.

yankeefanbob
07-07-2017, 07:48 AM
No, need the flow for Goodwin Dam up river from OB.......thanks anyways

nightgoat
07-07-2017, 11:22 AM
Try this site. It's harder to navigate, but seems to have more info.

http://www.cnrfc.noaa.gov/

yankeefanbob
07-07-2017, 06:57 PM
CDEC site is back online.....thank God!! :D:rolleyes: Lower Stan is still unfishable though......

TyV
07-08-2017, 09:18 PM
CDEC site is back online.....thank God!! :D:rolleyes: Lower Stan is still unfishable though......

LOL. Thanks everyone. So nice to have data again. Remember when you had to actually go to the river or call a fly shop to find out conditions...LOL. So nice to access the info so easily...most of the time.

Fish ON

yankeefanbob
07-09-2017, 09:18 AM
LOL. Thanks everyone. So nice to have data again. Remember when you had to actually go to the river or call a fly shop to find out conditions...LOL. So nice to access the info so easily...most of the time.

Fish ON

I hear ya TyV......but, it does save gas & time!

Tight Lines All