PDA

View Full Version : West Carson Area

cdevine
06-30-2017, 06:39 PM
Fished the West Carson today and some of the feeder creeks around Hope Valley. Water clarity is getting better. I would rate a 6-7 out of 10. In another few weeks it should be 8-9. Water is still very cold. 50 degrees. Hike away from the bridges and enjoy the solitude. Everything in the canyon area is still blown out so stay around the meadow if you go. Caught a lot of little wilds and some planters. Fun day. I wouldn't say its very technical fishing. No risers. Hopefully later in the summer. Have a good 4th.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Mid-July should be good on many streams.

SB Gaucho
07-10-2017, 04:05 PM
I took my parents to fish this area the Saturday morning of 4th of July weekend and to be honest would have had an epic day if my bobber had a hook on it. Sounds strange I know, but, I had at least 8-10 fish strike at the bobber. Switched from nymphing to dries with no luck, tried everything including a goddard caddis as it was the most spherical fly in my box. Has anyone else had this experience before?

Lew Riffle
07-11-2017, 06:30 AM
Yeah.....buried in the past with other frustrations of late wet seasons decades ago. Remember the purple moth fly that worked somewhat that came about from the browns wacking my purple indicator the day before.