PDA

View Full Version : I can take you and/or a family member or a friend out fly casting.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-21-2017, 06:16 PM
I am retired and I enjoy casting so if you need a little help or if you have a child or friend you want to get started give me a call, email or text or PM.

We can meet somewhere with water and I have some outfits.

I am a Certified FFF fly casting instructor and I use to work for Mel Krieger and Orvis in their weekend fly casting schools in California.

I have worked about 50 years in the fishing tackle business outfitting and advising folks to make their outdoor experience better.

After you do some casting locally I can help you get a nice day or two set up with a good guide on a nice stream in Nor Cal to get a day of instruction.

We have good Redington fly fishing outfits for $149.00 at the shop.

9' #5 line in 4 pc with rod, reel, fly line and rod & reel case.

https://www.redington.com/fly-fishing-combos/crosswater-combo

July is going to be good this summer.

We have some nice high country horse pack trips into the Sierras for Golden trout this summer.

This is a perfect trip for beginners.

$1,095.00 per person, all inclusive.

Great "parent/child experience.

http://www.kienesflyfishingtravel.com/frontier-pack-train

keith4him
06-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Bill I'm interested in teaching my 11 year old son the art, is there a charge for your expertise?

I am retired and I enjoy casting so if you need a little help or if you have a child or friend you want to get started give me a call, email or text or PM.

We can meet somewhere with water and I have some outfits.

I am a Certified FFF fly casting instructor and I use to work for Mel Krieger and Orvis in their weekend fly casting schools in California.

I have worked about 50 years in the fishing tackle business outfitting and advising folks to make their outdoor experience better.

After you do some casting locally I can help you get a nice day or two set up with a good guide on a nice stream in Nor Cal to get a day of instruction.

We have good Redington fly fishing outfits for $149.00 at the shop.

9' #5 line in 4 pc with rod, reel, fly line and rod & reel case.

https://www.redington.com/fly-fishing-combos/crosswater-combo

July is going to be good this summer.

We have some nice high country horse pack trips into the Sierras for Golden trout this summer.

This is a perfect trip for beginners.

$1,095.00 per person, all inclusive.

Great "parent/child experience.

http://www.kienesflyfishingtravel.com/frontier-pack-train

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-22-2017, 09:44 PM
No, we just need to work out a time and a place with water, if possible.

Call me tomorrow and we can chat about a plan.

I live in Davis, CA.

We could meet somewhere on the Lower American River?

530/753-5267

Sheepdog8404
06-26-2017, 10:21 AM
Way to go, Bill! That is a super generous offer from you.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-29-2017, 07:07 PM
I have two fly fishing fathers with a young son each who I will be teaching some techniques to Friday morning at the Watt Avenue access.

The shop has casting classes every Saturday morning too.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-01-2017, 12:25 AM
Had a great time with two fathers and their young sons today at Watt Avenue access.

I worked on all their casting for a few hours and got them all going pretty well.

Let me know if you or a friend or family member needs to get started our just needs to get some more distance.

PV_Premier
07-01-2017, 07:49 AM
Bill, great offer to our community. I'm going to take you up on it after the holiday as I'm trying to get my girlfriend prepped for a NZ DIY and also get her more interested in our larger local rivers. Will send you a message next week.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-01-2017, 08:01 AM
Sounds good.......

BK13332
07-01-2017, 08:30 PM
Bill, I can not say enough good things about you and the lessons you gave my son and me, we both had a blast! The wisdom you passed along was/is invaluable. I can't wait to hit the water and report back with our success. Even tonight at dinner Ben was still talking about you and what you taught.

Brian

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Thanks Brian & Ben,

It was fun helping you guys and it will be good to see how your summer goes.