PDA

View Full Version : River status

k9mark
06-20-2017, 11:15 PM
Trip to Tahoe Mon and today showed the Truckee high, fast and off color. Same with the west Carson though people were fishing it. Red, Caples and Silver lakes clear. It might be the end of July before these rivers have calmed down.

bigfly
06-21-2017, 07:55 AM
Since the folks that live here are enjoying fishing, I would suggest again, that a fishing a dry isn't the only way to do it.
But if I was to bet on flows for dries.....September maybe......or Oct might be nice.......
I would rather forgo the pleasure of fishing, if I could only have fun 1 month out of a year.......
Several locals have had a short meeting with Walter.....so maybe a change of style would pay dividends.
Czech style, or heavy nymphing works well in these conditions....water is warm enough for them to chase a streamer too....
Give a call if I can ever help...

Jim

PV_Premier
06-21-2017, 08:25 AM
Since the folks that live here are enjoying fishing, I would suggest again, that a fishing a dry isn't the only way to do it.
But if I was to bet on flows for dries.....September maybe......or Oct might be nice.......
I would rather forgo the pleasure of fishing, if I could only have fun 1 month out of a year.......
Several locals have had a short meeting with Walter.....so maybe a change of style would pay dividends.
Czech style, or heavy nymphing works well in these conditions....water is warm enough for them to chase a streamer too....
Give a call if I can ever help...

Jim

Largely agree, though I was fortunate to catch fish on dries in the Truckee area last weekend :) Just got to know where (and when) to look...as you well know...

bigfly
06-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Glad to hear of your success!!!
Never said it couldn't happen that way....just a higher bar setting.
With Goldens and Green Drakes out it is almost likely.......

Jim